Tonight's doodle!~

Tuesday, November 2, 2010





I was playing some Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and got stuck on the first Titan boss :(. The game is gorgeous (the amount of love and care that was put into the art - that someone ALLOWED to be put into the art - makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside) but sometimes I get a little frustrated with it's lack of guidance, even though it's a very linear game. Anyway, I got lazy and turned it off after not knowing what to do after two tries, and it seemed like a convenient excuse to do some relax-art.

One thing I want to do more of is recreational art which I don't necessarily feel like I need to polish. I suffer from "need to polish it, if I'm drawing it" syndrome, which I think is both a good and bad thing for all aspiring artists. One the one hand it means always getting a a potential portfolio piece out of your work. On the other hand, art starts to feel chore-like quickly, and who's to say something done quickly isn't portfolio material? It can happen... not often I think, but it can haha.

Anyway, whatever! I don't know what this is besides me trying to use cool colors and lighting more bravely. I may be tempted to go back and tighten things up later. But for now, I call it done!

3 comments:

robin_chyo said...

I just beat the game last week. I agree with the whole lack of guidance thing. I referred to gamefaqs and walkthrough videos on youtube a lot more than I was hoping to. But it was a fun game nonetheless. Hope you get around to finishing it! It has a pretty interesting ending :p

Anonymous said...

What's up, just wanted to tell you, I loved this
post. It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

My page London Body To Body Massage (Www.Content-advisory.info)

Unknown said...


Thank you for providing this information
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/
http://www.emirates.prokr.net/